When I finally found the courage to break the silence, an organisation was born, Breaking the Silence!
A Social Enterprise like no other, Breaking the Silence is my way of actively bringing about the change our society so desperately needs.
In the end, I was fortunate; I broke my silence. However, the tragic truth is that so many women never get the chance.
Some Shocking Statistics:
- 1 in 3 women will be a victim of domestic abuse in their lifetime
- On average, 2 women a week are killed by a current or former male partner
- Up to 10,000 forced marriages take place in the UK every year
- An estimated 2.5 million people are in forced labour (including sexual exploitation) at any given time as a result of trafficking
Through my Social Enterprise Breaking the Silence, we not only raises awareness around domestic abuse, forced marriage and human trafficking, we actively dispel it.
If you are currently suffering or have suffered from:
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional & psychological abuse
- Threats, intimidations, degradations or isolations
- Physical abuse
- Online or digital abuse
- Forced marriage
- Human Trafficking
Then believe me, you can break your silence.